When conventional rubber lagging fails to correct belt slippage, the solution is Flex-Lag Ceramic Tile Lagging.
The Ceramic Tile Lagging features the highest coefficient of friction available in lagging materials, two to three times the friction of rubber in wet, muddy or dry conditions. Ceramic tiles with a raised profile pattern of buttons are moulded into durable rubber backing. Under standard belt compression, thousands of moulded ceramic buttons embed themselves into the belt’s underside, providing positive, non-abrasive traction. The raised pattern of our ceramic surface features a unique design that eliminates the sharp particles and abrasive edges associated with other styles of ceramic lagging.
If this is what you need, contact us here.
Extreme Ceramic Lagging
Elastotec Extreme Ceramic Lagging has been developed to provide mining companies with a lagging that will perform reliably in extreme conditions.
- Extremes of temperature from -50°C to +70°C.
- Transfer of high power loads required for gearless drive conveyors up to 8MW, 3.000kN belt tensions and shear cyclic loads up to 80Kg/tile.
- Presence of carryback that can damage ceramic tiles on standard lagging. Operation in very wet conditions.
- Extended outdoor operational service of more than 5 years.
This new lagging from Elastotec utilises technology that has been developed over the past 10 years and provides a level of operational performance far in excess of any ceramic lagging that is currently available.
Elastotec Extreme Ceramic Lagging is designed for use in the following demanding applications:
- Large drive and non-drive pulleys on high power belt conveyors that are in contact with the clean side of the belt. This includes gearless drive conveyors of all power ratings.
- Pulley in locations that are difficult to access and where pulley change out is difficult.
- Critical locations where unplanned conveyor down time due to lagging failure must be eliminated.
- Conveyors that operate across a wide temperature range.
- Conveyors that operate in wet conditions.
Features & Benefits
- Proven Hot Vulcanised bonding system to provide 100% rubber tear adhesion to the pulley shell. This bonding system eliminates the chance of the lagging debonding from the pulley shell, edge lifting and the chance of separation of the lagging of the joins between strips.
- 60 Shore A rubber backing developed in conjunction with ARDL (Akron Rubber
- Development Laboratory) to handle hot vulcanised application without degradation, retain fexibility at low temperature (-40°C) and to also have excellent resistance to outdoor ageing.
- Proven bonding system between the aluminium oxide tiles and the backing rubber. Elastotec has run long term ageing tests since 2012 and based on these text results and weld service of over 700 pulleys, provides a guarantee that there will no debonding of tiles from Elastotec Extreme Ceramic Lagging.
- High-performance 95% Aluminium Oxide tiles with high levels of hardness, abrasion resistance and crack resistance. This greatly reduces the likelihood of tile cracking when carry-back is present.
- Modified dimple profile to increase durability and to also be kinder to the bottom cover of the belt. The dimple diameter has been increased, and the profile has been tapered to increase dimple strength. The addition of radii to all corners has been done to increase resistance to cracking and breakage of the dimples.
Tile thickness increased to 8mm + 1.5mm dimples to improve the resistance to cracking. Flex crack resistance results:
- Standard 4mm thick body tile 2-3,000N
- Extreme 8mm thick body tile > 10,000N
The increase in bonded surface area of the Extreme tile results in the tile pull-out force doubling when compared to the standard tile.